We’re pleased to announce that the records of the British School at Rome catalogue have been loaded onto Copac.
The British School at Rome is Britain’s leading humanities research institute abroad; a centre for interdisciplinary research in the Mediterranean supporting the full range of arts, humanities and social sciences.
The BSR Library supports the research activity of the Fellows and resident scholars and consists of c. 60.000 volumes and 600 current periodicals.
- Italian archaeology: prehistory, classical and medieval
- Italian topography, especially the topography of Rome
- ancient history and texts
- ecclesiastical and medieval Italian history
- history of Italian art and architecture
- the writings of travellers in Italy
- ancient religions
- rare books collection, including Thomas Ashby’s library
The BSR digital collections website, launched in 2009, includes 15,000 records and 12,000 images of historic photographs from the Archive and maps and engravings from the Library’s Rare Book Collection.
To browse, or limit your search to the holdings of the British School at Rome library, go to the main tab on copac.ac.uk and choose ‘British School at Rome’ from the list of libraries.