Search results as an Atom feed?

Here’s a few questions for you. Would it be useful to be able to get your Copac search results as an Atom feed? If so, would it help in aggegrating Copac searches with results from other services? Would it make writing widgets for, say, iGoogle or Netvibes, easier? Would you like Copac urls to be RESTful (I hope so, as they will be before long.)

Yesterday I was thinking about the different search result formats we provide and I was wondering if Atom might be useful. Then a conversation I’ve had this morning with some colleagues have made me think an Atom format could be very useful in the areas outlined above. However, I don’t have experience of implementing widgets or working with Feeds, so I thought I’d ask here. Any thoughts, anyone?

One thought on “Search results as an Atom feed?

1. I’d think atom output would be a great idea. There are already lots of tools for parsing and reading atom. In terms of netvibes or igoogle plain rss would work as well, but I suspect atom would be better in allowing metadata structure to be maintained.