We’ve been making some interface changes and we’d appreciate your feedback. Please try the Beta trial interface and use one of the email links on the screens to let us know how you get on. The revised interface works with a new Copac database which we will be releasing by the end of July. Note: both the database and interface are still being actively developed and are subject to change without notice.
There are a number of areas we are still working on but we would value comments at this stage before the soft launch of the interface changes next week. The most visible changes are:
- We have a done a lot of work on the deduplication and we are now deduplicating all records, including pre-1800 materials.
- The document format is clearer, eg. does a library have a print or electronic copy.
- There is an updated look and Copac will work better on mobile devices.
You can continue to use Copac in the same way as before, however, for those wanting to use them there are a couple of new features:
- Where we deduplicate records from multiple libraries we merge these together as before, however, if you wish you can now expand a merged record to see all the original records as supplied by each library; for example, if you are interested in early printed materials you can still see all the details of each copy.
- You can also expand a merged record to see just a sub-set of the original records eg. just the records for the print copies.
The interface is a work in progress. We have been working with some Copac users regarding the display changes and we’ll be doing more interface testing later in the year, so any feedback you have will be valuable as part of this ongoing development.