Many thanks all those who filled in our annual user survey in Jan/Feb this year. This has given us some immensely valuable feedback and we really appreciate the time our 1,603 respondents put into this.
Overall most people are very happy with Copac but there were also plenty of good ideas for enhancements and additions. We are reviewing all the feedback and will use this to support the Copac development work currently underway, as well as helping us prioritise the next steps in the development of the service.
A summary report is available (below) but the main features are:
The Copac service is focussed on supporting the UK academic community and this is reflected in the fact that:
- 76% of respondents are UK based or affiliated with a UK institution;
- whilst 65% of users are based within the Higher Education sector;
- There was representation across all subject areas, with the Humanities and Social Sciences representing 55% of subject choices.
Copac users are extremely positive about the service:
- 91% of UK respondents agreed that using Copac saved them time;
- and it was seen as easy to use by 90% of UK respondents;
- with 97% of UK respondents saying they would recommend Copac to others.
We received really useful feedback about what people most valued about Copac. This grouped into three main areas of data coverage, ease of uses, and data quality.
We also has many very valuable comments about changes people would like to see, with diverse ideas relating particularly to interface facilities and deduplication, as well as increased library coverage, interface enhancements and record quality.
You can download the full report: Copac user survey 2012